Thursday, January 7, 2010

Debra Tries Cardio Kickboxing!

Ok, well, in the spirit of the feature editorial for our January Style Magazine issues, I decided to (or was coaxed into) taking a cardio kickboxing class.

The Studio is a brand new facility in Granite Bay which features not only cardio kickboxing but Zumba classes, martial arts, Yoga, Belly Dancing and more.

It’s owned by local Taekwondo Champion Amitis Pourarian. She is a sixth degree black belt and a former member of the U.S. World Cup Taekwondo Team. She is amazing, and the class was awesome. It’s called the ACKC class which stand for Amitis’s Cardio Kick-Ass Class, and it certainly did that to me!

I consider myself in pretty good shape -- I got through the class without falling apart, but when I woke up this morning I was feeling the pain (yeah, I know, it’s a good pain)! I am bound and determined to get rid of what my daughter calls my “flabbageness” on my arms. You know that part of your arm that keeps swinging even when you aren’t moving your arm? Yeah, if you are over 50 you know what I mean! (Editor's Note -- Terry, our publisher, calls them Bingo Arms!)

I felt energized and exhausted at the same time, and I can’t wait to go back for another class on Saturday. In the meantime I’m going to try Zumba tonight at The Studio. Stay tuned for more info on that -- that is, if I can raise my arms tomorrow to blog!!


No, not a picture of Debra...actually, a picture of Amitis at The Studio.
Blog Post by Style Advertising Director Debra Linn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails