Thursday, June 4, 2009

Never underestimate the power of the written word!

I have to send a note to Hallmark to tell them this story...

Recently, I was looking through a box of old photos trying to find a photo of my maternal grandmother (to go along with one of her recipes that will appear in our July issue of Style-Folsom El Dorado Hills) and I came across this card.



This was a card that my younger sister WaLynda gave to me 22 years ago -- yes, 22 years ago (I admit I'm a bit of a pack rat!).

Seeing her words on the inside of this card just gave me such a wonderfully warm and gooey feeling — it was a wonderful start to my day.

We all get caught up in the hustle and bustle of our lives, but we need to remember to take time every now and then to break with the digital world for just a spell and perhaps write a letter or a note to a friend or loved one. Maybe in 22 years, they'll stumble across your words and be warmed to the core!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails