Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Curl Your Hair. Take a Picture. Don't Kiss Me.


What do these words have in common?

They are all names of particular moves in Persian Dance.

Persian Dance is very different from belly dancing! As our instructor says (at The Studio), in Belly Dance you shake your boobs, in Persian Dance your boobs stay still and you shake your shoulders.

Well, it took me at least three classes before I figured out you really can JUST shake your shoulders!! I have to say, though, that I love love love Persian Dance. It has to be one of the best forms of exercise out there. The moves are slow, rhythmic, and even though you don’t work up a major sweat, every muscle in your body gets a workout.

First of all, I’m not used to standing on my tiptoes so my calves were really sore after my first class! Our instructor has been dancing for 30 years and came here from Iran after the Revolution many years ago. She is an incredible dancer and a very patient teacher. Thank goodness for that.

My body, just like in the ACKC classes I take and in Zumba, takes a LOT of time to learn a new step. I have learned to shake my shoulders just right and to move my hips almost like it should be done. Problem is, I can’t do both at the same time! Never having been one who can pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time, patience has to be in plentiful supply. And practice practice practice.

Not sure my co-workers at Style Media Group quite understand why I walk down the hallway either punching the air, cha-cha-ing, or shaking my behind on the way to the kitchen to get yet another cookie. Why do you think I do all of this?

Blog post by Style Advertising Director Debra Linn.



Visit Real Weddings Magazine * Visit Style Media Group * Contact Style Media Group* Visit 2 Clicks To Save



Looking for local area businesses or a new restaurant or eatery to try?
Look no further than the Style Magazines Resource Guides!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails